Every year thousands of car and truck accidents occur on streets and highways in Texas and across the nation. Some are unavoidable, while many are the result of careless or reckless driving. When this happens, the victims of these accidents are entitled to compensation for their financial losses and suffering.
In the United States, road accident statistics are startling. In 2003, the United States Department of Transportation reported 6,328,000 car accidents occurred nationally, causing almost 3 million injuries and 42,000 fatalities. Despite safety regulations, car accidents continue to remain common incidents on today’s roads.
On average, there are more than 6 million car accidents that affect millions of people with serious injury and even fatality:
• More than 25% of all car drivers were involved in car accidents in a five year period.
• Almost 40% of car accident fatalities are caused by drunk drivers.
• About 60% of car accident fatalities are caused by excessive speeding and reckless driving.
• One person dies in a car accident every 12 minutes.
• A car accident resulting in injury occurs every 14 minutes
Lance Sharp of The Sharp Firm is an Austin personal injury lawyer specializing in personal injury and accident law in Austin Texas. The lawyers at The Sharp Firm have a collective 40 years experience in being Austin injury lawyers. To learn more visit http://www.sharpfirm.com.
Tell us about your case to
receive a free evaluation.