Sharp Firm News
The Sharp Firm
Attorneys at Law
3307 Northland Dr.
Austin, Texas 78731
Auto Accident Checklists
Download a printable checklist (PDF) and store it in your car to be fully prepared:
IF AN ACCIDENT OCCURS:
1. Notify the police and keep calm.
2. Assist anyone who may be injured.
3. Don’t discuss the accident with anyone but the investigating officer. Don’t admit fault. If injured, make sure you the tell the police.
4. Obtain all the following information from the other driver:
• Name, address, and phone number
• Texas Driver’s License number and vehicle license plate number
• Exchange insurance information including policy number
5. If any witnesses get their name, address and phone number.
6. Takes photographs of both cars.
AFTER THE ACCIDENT:
7. Seek medical care even if to just be on the safe side. Serious injuries do not always cause immediate pain.
8. Call your insurance company or agent.
9. Do not provide a statement to the other’s drivers insurance company.
10. Do not sign anything until you speak with an attorney. Contact a lawyer with experience in handling personal injury cases. At the Sharp Firm we will be glad to give you free advice with no obligation.
For questions about Texas auto accident law, or to discuss your accident claim with an experienced auto accident lawyer, please call the Sharp Firm at 512-407-8800, email or fill out the intake form for a free consultation.
Tell us about your case to
receive a free evaluation.